Farm Associate 2022
Fawn Meadow is seeking a hard-working candidate with an interest in flower farming to join our team. The role will primarily focus on field production with the opportunity for some event work if interested. Candidates must be reliable, have a positive attitude, and be effective working independently and collaboratively. We love to laugh & have a good time but farm work is no joke. It will be hot and you will get bug bites but the beauty is unmatched.
This is a great position for someone that loves flowers & is looking for some supplemental income (or some time out of the house).
Employment type: Part-Time/Seasonal (early spring through late fall)
Expected start date: March 2022
Compensation: $15-$20 hourly, dependent on experience
Schedule: Weekdays, approximately 10-20 hours per week depending on time of year. Event work would primarily take place weekends beginning in June.
- Greenhouse work including filling seed trays, seeding, watering, and clean up
- Silage tarp placement & removal
- Bed prep including the shoveling/spreading of compost & amendments, irrigation installation, construction/breakdown of low caterpillar tunnels
- Transplant crops in hoophouse and field
- Maintain field & hoophouse plantings including cultivate/weed, watering, feeding, netting/staking, and deadheading
- Harvest and uphold post-harvest handling procedures
- Prep & pack flowers for retail/wholesale (including washing buckets)
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous farming experience strongly preferred but not required
- Physical strength and stamina are necessary to perform this job (Able to lift 40+ lbs)
- Capable of working in various weather conditions including rain & heat (though we set our schedule to avoid working in the hottest part of the day)
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Ability to work independently & efficiently
- Must be a positive team player and have a great sense of humor
- Open minded and inclusive of all walks of life
- Able to take direction, learn systems, and see all tasks through to completion
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants should forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Unsolicited drop-ins are discouraged. Thank you for your interest.